Software Engineering Manager
As a Software Engineering Manager
ThreatWarrior is entering its next phase of growth and seeks a Software Engineering Manager. This position will report to the Chief Technology Officer and have a broad and dynamic set of responsibilities. The candidate will be a technical engineering manager, experienced in modern programming languages, techniques and deployment models, with the technical ability and skills to be able to interview new hire candidates, evaluate technical abilities and actively engage in code-reviews and other such technical activities.
This role will contribute to product vision and strategy in collaboration with and work to execute against that vision.
- Creates project plans/timelines/schedules to determine when tasks will be accomplished to satisfy the scope of a given project.
- Meets deadlines and is willing to take all necessary steps to achieve jointly agreed objectives
- Allocates resources to tasks to complete all of project objectives and milestones.
- Understands scope of project and can counsel team and customer on when something is out of scope and prepare necessary change orders.
- Understands the high-level vision of the project and can break up work into logical phases and prioritize a backlog of features.
- Quickly and effectively removes blockers from team members.
- Knows who the right resources are for the right tasks and gives the team the tools and information they need to be successful.
- Is involved and hands-on during the entire lifecycle of the project.
- Familiarizes the team with the customer needs, specifications, design targets, the development process, design standards, techniques and tools to support task performance.
- Focuses the team on the tasks at hand and customer requirements.
- Ensures deliverables are prepared to satisfy the project requirements.
- Helps keep the team focused and on track.
- Recognizes and celebrates team and team member accomplishments
- Provides guidance to the team based on management direction.
- Ability to prioritize work
- Candidates must have experience working in a start-up environment, be a self starter, and possess the fundamentals required to not only fulfill the position, but to assist in defining it.
The ideal candidate should have a passionate dedication to their craft and a desire to work with peers that inspire them on a daily basis. Specific skills and qualifications include:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- 4+ years in the cybersecurity market.
- Familiar with the network OSI model along with TCP, UDP and associated protocols.
- Familiar with Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure) networking and security concepts.
- Experience with malware detection is a plus.
- 2+ years of commercial software development experience
- Project management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain a keen attention to detail, multitask and work well under pressure.
- Natural tendency to be curious, positive and creative.
- Team player who collaborates well with others.
- Experience championing best practices
- Experience delivering projects to schedule
- Experience hiring development team members
- Can demonstrate the ability to solve problems creatively.
- Working knowledge of enterprise network topologies.
- Offers advice and recommends solutions.
Due to potential Federal contract requirements, applicants must be US citizens.
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Please send resumes and cover letters highlighting your achievements and abilities in the areas mentioned above to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cybercrime is increasing every day – growing more frequent, more malicious and more sophisticated. Cyber agents are breaching firewalls and committing espionage with an increasing ability to avoid detection.
We want to stop that.
We believe all organizations should be able to defend themselves against evolving cyberattacks, and we work to deliver world-class cybersecurity solutions and services that proactively guard our clients against bad actors. Our goals are big but so are our ideas. Our bold innovations are shifting the power – helping to create a world where the good guys win.